How many people have had a near-death experience?
I had a very close call in 2014 when diagnosed with Burkitt’s Lymphoma, the most aggressive of all cancers, and was given 90 days to live…
and glad to have proved the doctors wrong!
Like many people who have a near-death experience, it changed my outlook forever, and that outlook now fuels my coaching, speaking and training business, Matthew Levy Enterprises.
While I was ill, I thought a lot about what I missed out on in life and in my career. I procrastinated too much, I spent too long paralyzed by the fear of failure and I struggled when faced with adversity.
I had built a career working in HR for Fortune 500 companies, and I knew how many professionals whose careers had decelerated, who were going through the motions, how many of them were checking the box and mailing it in…For them, life was just days on a calendar ticking by one after the other after the other.
When I was dying, I thought to myself, if I make it through this alive, I am going to embrace and push through my fear, deal with adversity head on and pursue my dreams.
I decided right then and there to dedicate my work to inspiring, motivating and coaching executives, mid-career professionals and college graduates to achieve big goals in their work and in their lives, to be fully engaged in the way they serve others and generate success for themselves.
I live in Doylestown, PA with my wife, daughter and son where I jog through the Bucks County countryside to stay fit – or you may just see me cruising around with the top down on a sunny day enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
So here we are. I’m Matthew Levy and on this site we discuss what you need to do to accomplish big goals. Not “one day,” “not tomorrow” but today. Right now.
Matthew Levy's Credentials:
- 20+ years of coaching, leadership development and talent development at Prudential, Merck, Amgen and Johnson & Johnson.
- Created accelerated development plans for hundreds of executives, 40% of whom got promoted within 1-3 years.
- Facilitated and led quarterly succession planning discussions evaluating which executives were ready for advancement and who were not ready and why.
- 20+ years of experience delivering presentations to corporate executives, managers and professionals.
- Delivered over 150 speeches on personal and career development and advancement.
- Past President and Board of Directors, Philadelphia Society of People & Strategy, 2010-2015
- Chair and Board of Directors, Beacon, Networking for Life, 2016-Present
- Delaware Valley HR Person of the Year, 2013